10 Things We Can Learn From Japan - & Much More
10 things to learn from Japan
1. THE CALMNot a single visual of chest-beating or wild
grief. Sorrow itself has been elevated.
2. THE DIGNITYDisciplined queues for water and groceries.
Not a rough word or a crude gesture.
3. THE ABILITYThe incredible architects, for instance.
Buildings swayed but didn’t fall.
4. THE GRACEPeople bought only what they needed for the
present, so everybody could get something.
5. THE ORDERNo looting in shops. No honking and no overtaking
on the roads. Just understanding.
6. THE SACRIFICEFifty workers stayed back to pump sea water
in the N-reactors. How will they ever be repaid?
7. THE TENDERNESSRestaurants cut prices. An unguarded ATM
is left alone. The strong cared for the weak.
8. THE TRAININGThe old and the children, everyone knew
exactly what to do. And they did just that.
9. THE MEDIAThey showed magnificent restraint in the bulletins.
No sensationalizing. Only calm reportage.
10. THE CONSCIENCEWhen the power went off in a store, people
put things back on the shelves and left quietly
This makes the nation great.